This page lists JPA features/functionalities that are unsupported by GigaSpaces JPA.
Here’s a list of JPA annotations which are not supported by GigaSpaces JPA:
Access(AccessType.FIELD) JoinColumn Version UniqueConstraint Temporal AssociationOverride AttributeOverride ColumnResult DiscriminatorColumn DiscriminatorValue EntityResult FieldResult Inheritance JoinTable Lob ManyToMany MapKey
NamedNativeQuery NamedQuery OrderBy OrderColumn PrimaryKeyJoinColumn SecondaryTable SequenceGenerator SqlResultSetMapping Table TableGenerator QueryHint
Unsupported JPQL keywords/expressions
- BETWEEN (Supported in 8.0.1).
- LIKE (Supported in 8.0.1).
- IS EMPTY.
- IS NULL.
- String functions (CONCAT, SUBSTRING, TRIM, LENGTH, LOCATE, LOWER, UPPER)
- Arithmetic functions (ABS, SQRT, MOD, SIZE)
- Datetime functions (CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIME, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
- Outer Joins.
- Fetch Joins.
- Inner Joins are supported but the selected object must be the owning object of the relationship (this also applies to projections).
- Native queries (Supported in 8.0.1).
- Primitive types support due to inconsistency between how GigaSpaces treats primitives to how JPA treats them.
- entityManager.refresh() for classes which has properties in a relation (Supported in 8.0.1).
- orm.xml is partially supported. The recommended way to model your data is by using Annotations.
- Lazy loading is not supported and therefore entities are always Eagerly loaded.
- Optimistic locking is not supported and therefore the LockManager property should always be set to “none” in persistence.xml (Supported in 8.0.1):
<property name="LockManager" value="none"/>