Port usage Control
XAP space and client components open different ports in various situations. The following list describes the different ports used by XAP and how these can be modified:
Learn how to set XAP over a firewall.
|Service||Description||Configuration Property||Default value|
|LRMI listening port||Used with client-space and space-space communication.||
||variable , random|
|RMI registry listening port||Used as an alternative directory service.||
||10098 and above.|
|RMI registry Retries||Used as an alternative directory service.||
||Default is 20.|
|Webster listening port||Internal web service used as part of the application deployment process.||
- When starting a space and providing the port as part of the URL - i.e.
java://localhost:PORT/container/space- the specified port will be used both for the RMI registry listener and also for the container to register into the RMI registry.
- The Jini Lookup Service uses unicast and multicast announcements and requests.
- The multicast discovery protocol uses ports 4174.
- You can completely disable multicast announcement traffic. Refer to the Lookup Service Configuration or Setting XAP Over Firewall sections for more details.
- When running a clustered space using replication via multicast, additional ports are used.