Generating Dump Files
This functionality is not yet available in the Command Line Interface or REST Manager API administration tools.
To generate dump files:
The Web Management Console supports generating the following types of dump files:
- Overview (provides time of dump, XAP build and version, license information, number of host machines, number of grid components, service grid information, and host information)
- Hosts (complete information dump per host, generated per XAP grid component)
- Containers (container information per host)
- Per component (select a specific XAP component from any of the console views)
To generate a dump file:
From the menu bar, click Generate Dump and select from the following options:
- Generate hosts dump - This is the most comprehensive dump file, generated per host with an overview file, summary file, and all information defined by the user per XAP component.
- Generate GSCs dump only - Partial dump file generated per host of the containers with an overview file, summary file, and all information defined by the user.
- Generate Overview - Generates only the overview file, which provides system and application information. This information is useful to quickly gather the system settings in production, for example when reporting a support case.
In one one the console views, click the Actions icon for the required component and select Generate dump.
If you selected Generate Overview, either open or save the zip file that was generated.
If you selected any other dump file type, do the following:
- In the Cause for dump retrieval box, type a reason for generating the dump file. This text will appear in the summary file for each XAP component.
- In the Select Dump Types area, check the options for the information you want in the dump file, which provides a summary file plus the following:
- JVM Thread Dump - container state and thread information per container. It is recommended to choose this only on a specific host or GSC that a Java heap dump should be generated for.
- Network Dump - network statistics per container.
- Log Dump - log files for all services, including those that have been terminated, or only services that are currently running (if the Only Live Services Log Dump option is checked). This type of dump file is useful for troubleshooting failover scenarios.
- Processing Unit Dump - pu.xml file per Processing Unit, event container information per Processing Unit instance, and a summary file per Space.
- JVM Heap Dump - binary heap dump file.
- Click Generate.
When the dump file has been generated (indicated by the status bar in the dialog box), define another dump file to generate or click Close.
Open or save the zip file that was generated.
Refer to the GigaSpaces Management Center topics in the Administration section.
Refer to the Admin API topics in the Developer Guide.