GigaSpaces InsightEdge and XAP are implemented using Java, and as such are supported on every operating system that supports the Java Platform Standard Edition technology - Linux/Unix, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS/X, Oracle Solaris, Hewlett Packard HP-UX, IBM P-Series PowerPC AIX, etc.
Tested & Certified Platforms
This section lists the platforms that are regularly tested by GigaSpaces.
GigaSpaces products are tested with the following operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Linux RHEL 5.x/6.x
- CentOS 7-7.1
- Solaris 10
For information on VMWare support, refer to the VMWare guidelines.
SUSE-10 Linux Enterprise Service Pack 3 has bugs that make the OS network layer unreliable. Do not use this operating system with GigaSpaces products.
GigaSpaces products are tested with the following JVMs (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Oracle 7: XAP was tested using Oracle JVM version 7u45 and above.
- Oracle 8: XAP was tested using Oracle JVM version 8u25 and above.
- IBM 1.7.0: XAP was tested using IBM JVM version 1.7.0 SR6.
- Java 8 and Java 7 (> u79): In these versions, the behavior of the multicast operations regarding IPv6 has changed, and this can cause long initial connection times. To mitigate this issue, add ‘-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true’ to the JVM arguments.
- Java 9: Not currently supported with this version of InsightEdge and XAP due to changes in the Java platform. Java 9 is planned to be supported in a future release.
For more information about running XAP in a .NET environment with third-party products, refer to the XAP.NET Guide.
To install and run XAP using .NET, observe the following third-party guidelines and requirements:
- Required Software: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later, including Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Recommended: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
Supported Operating Systems
XAP.NET is certified with any operating system that is supported by Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Lifecycle and End-of-Life Policy
Refer to the Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap for the latest information.
Refer to the JVM & Third-Party End-Of-Life Policy for the latest updates.