We will show you how to download and install the different versions of the XAP platform.
For a list of the supported platforms and programming language versions please consult the release notes. Please note that the XAP Lite edition is limited to a single partition.
Download the latest version of XAP from the downloads page. Unzip it into a directory of your choice:
* On Windows, you might unzip it into
c:\tools\, which will create
* On Unix, you might unzip it into
/usr/local/, which will create
/usr/local/gigaspaces-xap-premium-10.0.1-ga. You’ll also need to grant execution permissions to the scripts in the bin folder.
Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK root directory
Installing a Java IDE
If you don’t have an IDE installed, you can download and unzip the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, or the IntelliJ IDEA IDE (we recommend the Ultimate Edition because of its excellent Spring framework support). If you’re using Eclipse, it is also recommended to install the Spring Tool Suite plugin for Eclipse.
Setting up your IDE
Open your favorite java IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, etc), Create a new project, and add all the jars from
gigaspaces-xap-premium-10.0.1-ga/lib/required to the project’s classpath.
GigaSpaces XAP.NET is packaged as a standard Windows Installer package (.msi file). After you have downloaded the latest version of XAP from the downloads page, start the installation by double-click the msi file, and the installation wizard will pop up and guide you through the installation process.
Once you accept the licence agreement, you will be asked to choose a setup type. Select ‘Complete’ to install all the features in the default path (C:\GigaSpaces\XAP.NET X.x.x). Selecting ‘Custom’ will allow you to customize the installation path, which features will be installed, and more.
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio. From the File menu select New > Project. The New Project dialog appears.
- In the Project types tree, select Visual C#, then select Console Application in the Templates list.
- In the Name test box, type XapDemo. If you wish, change the default location to a path you prefer.
- Select OK to continue. Visual Studio creates the project and opens the automatically generated
- From the Project menu, select Add Reference. The Add Reference dialog appears. gshome-net-directory
- Select the Browse tab, navigate to the XAP.NET installation folder (e.g. C:\GigaSpaces\XAP.NET 10.0.1 x86\NET v4.0.30319). Go into the Bin folder, select GigaSpaces.Core.dll, and click OK.
- In the Solution Explorer, make sure you see GigaSpaces.Core in the project references. There’s no need to reference any other assembly.
Other Installation Options
GigaSpaces XAP.NET offers more installation scenarios and customizations. For example:
- Command-line installation.
- Packaging XAP.NET in another installation package.
- Side-by-side installations.
- Using a different jvm.
For more information see Advanced Installation Scenarios.
GigaSpaces will send you a license to the email address you provided when you downloaded XAP. Enter this information in the
that is located under the GS_HOME directory.
The activation license key is in the following form:
"Nov 16, 2020~user@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX#PREMIUM^9.7XAPPremium%UNBOUND+UNLIMITED"
Installing new License
To install the license, insert the license string between the license key tags:
<com> <j_spaces> <kernel> <licensekey>Nov 16, 2020~user@XXXXXXX#PREMIUM^9.7XAPPremium%UNBOUND+UNLIMITED</licensekey> </kernel> </j_spaces> </com>