Querying the Space
This section explains the various mechanisms offered by GigaSpaces to query the space for data:
- ID query - Retrieve objects from the Space Where GigaSpaces data is stored. It is the logical cache that holds data objects in memory and might also hold them in layered in tiering. Data is hosted from multiple SoRs, consolidated as a unified data model. based on the Primary Key.
- Query by template - Find data based on template matching ((a.k.a. Match by example).
- Prepared template - Query the Space using a Prepared Template.
- SQL query - The SQLQuery class is used to query the Space using SQL-like syntax.
- Nested property queries - Use SQL queries on nested properties, maps and collections.
- LINQ - Query the Space using LINQ.
You can also perform a free text search for records that include one or more words within a free text field. Search for records that include one or more words within a free text field.
The following related topics describe how to use indexing to boost query performance, and how the Space can be iterated to fetch entries more efficiently: