GigaSpaces provides several orchestration options so that you can deploy InsightEdge wherever it suits your needs; locally, on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
- Standalone - a simple cluster manager that makes it easy to set up a cluster.
- ElasticGrid - Supports public cloud, on-premise or hybrid environments and automates deploying, scaling, and managing virtualized and containerized applications.
- KubeGrid - the GigaSpaces implementation of the Kubernetes open-source system that automates deploying, scaling, and managing containerized applications.
- ServiceGrid - on-premise orchestration for deploying and managing virtualized applications.
This is a simple cluster manager that creates a cluster on your local machine. Use standalone mode to evaluate GigaSpaces products, or during development and testing.
ElasticGrid is GigaSpaces' orchestration option for cloud, on-premise, or hybrid environments that provides automated deployment, scaling, and management of virtualized and containerized applications. Public and private environments are scalable, reliable, and highly available, as well as highly cost effective. You can use GigaSpaces in any environment, enabling you to easily test and deploy your GigaSpaces-based applications.
ElasticGrid has the following benefits:
- Ability to run containers and virtualized applications on the same infrastructure
- Automatic handling of application and node failure due to its distributed and resilient architecture
- Multi-region federation that enables linking multiple clusters
- Scalability for changing workload requirements
GigaSpaces products can be deployed in Kubernetes using the KubeGrid orchestration option. Kubernetes can be used in any type of environment (on-premise, cloud, or hybrid) and is supported by every major cloud provider, including public cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP.
Benefits of using KubeGrid include:
- The ability to deploy GigaSpaces-based applications in whatever environment best suits the business needs of the enterprise.
- Kubernetes synergizes with GigaSpaces products, simplifying the operationalizing of machine learning and transactional processing at scale.
- GigaSpaces utilizes key features of Kubernetes, such as cloud-native orchestration automation with self-healing, cooperative multi-tenancy, and RBAC authorization.
- Auto-deployment of data services and deep learning and machine learning frameworks, such as Apache Spark jobs, stateful services (Processing Units), as well as the Apache Zeppelin web notebook.
The service grid is an on-premise system for deploying and managing virtualized applications. This orchestration method is responsible for materializing the configuration of the Processing Units, provisioning the instances to the runtime infrastructure, and making sure they continue to run properly over time. Core components of the Service Grid include the Grid Service Manager, Grid Service Agent, and the GigaSpaces Manager.
Orchestration Option Comparison
You can compare the following parameters between the orchestration options, in order to determine which one best suits your needs:
- Zero configuration required - Can you deploy and run GigaSpaces on demand, or easily on existing machines?
- Auto provisioning - Can you start a cluster from zero?
- Auto-scaling - Does the environment dynamically allocate/de-allocate resources (memory, compute and storage) as well as add or remove nodes?
- Ease of use - How easy is it to configure network and security requirements?
- Support for GigaSpaces product evolution - Can you perform a gradual and controlled upgrade process for the product version and/or microservices? Can you evaluate the effect of your upgrade and of application changes?
- Supported environments - Can your cluster run across regions and multi-cloud providers?
- Supported apps - What type of applications are supported (container or virtualized process)?
- Troubleshooting - Can you monitor your system, get alerts, and obtain and analyze tracing and centralized logging for your system and applications?
|Zero configuration required||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Ease of use (network and security configuration)||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Supports rolling upgrades||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Supports canary deployments||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Includes distributed tracing||Yes||No||No||No|
|Hybrid or multi-cloud||Yes||No||No||No|
|Container + VM||Yes||No||No||No|
|Out-of-the-box monitoring and alerts||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Centralized log processing||Yes||Yes||No||No|