Querying the Space
This section explains the various mechanisms offered by GigaSpaces to query the space for data:
- ID query - Retrieve objects from the Space based on the Primary Key.
- Query by template - Find data based on template matching ((a.k.a. Match by example).
- Prepared template - Query the Space using a Prepared Template.
- SQL query - The SQLQuery class is used to query the Space using SQL-like syntax.
- Nested property queries - Use SQL queries on nested properties, maps and collections.
- LINQ - Query the Space using LINQ.
You can also perform a free text search for records that include one or more words within a free text field. Search for records that include one or more words within a free text field.
The following related topics describe how to use indexing to boost query performance, and how the Space can be iterated to fetch entries more efficiently: