GigaSpaces supports VMWare vSphere 5+ running the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 2008 Server SP2
- Linux RHEL 5.x/6.x
- Solaris 10
SUSE-10 sp3 is not recommended, due to the instability of its network support layer.
- Only Type 1 Hypervisor is recommended for production use.
- vCPU may be over-subscribed, if it is under-utilized (less than 50%). In environments with high CPU utilization, vCPU must be reserved (pinned).
- Hyper-threading should be enabled.
- vMEM must be reserved (pinned).
- Do not over-commit virtual memory
- Reserve memory at the virtual machine level
- When using replication, use anti-affinity rules to ensure that primary and backup nodes do not share the same virtual machine and physical host.
- Reserve sufficient memory for the operating system (~2GB per VM)