For information on the platforms supported by InsightEdge and GigaSpaces, refer to Supported Platforms in the version release notes.
When setting up a virtualized operating system, ensure that the following is configured:
- Only Type 1 Hypervisor is recommended for production use.
- The vCPU may be over-subscribed, if it is under-utilized (less than 50%). In environments with high CPU utilization, vCPU must be reserved (pinned).
- Hyper-threading should be enabled.
- vMEM must be reserved (pinned).
The following additional planning issues should be taken into account:
- Do not over-commit virtual memory.
- Reserve memory at the virtual machine level.
- When using replication, implement anti-affinity rules to ensure that the primary and backup nodes do not share the same virtual and machine physical host.
- Reserve sufficient memory for the operating system (~2GB per VM).