Using an Apache Zeppelin Notebook in Kubernetes
Apache Zeppelin is a multi-purpose web notebook that supports data ingestion and discovery, as well as data analytics, visualization, and collaboration.
KubeGrid runs Apache Zeppelin in a dedicated Pod. The Apache Zeppelin web notebooks can be accessed via the URL
- The Zeppelin Pod port is configurable, and its value can be set when installing the
insightedge-zeppelinHelm chart by defining the following:
- To get the IP address of your minikube, type the
minikube ipcommand in the command window.
Zeppelin uses interpreters to compile and run paragraphs. InsightEdge Zeppelin comes with a custom JDBC interpreter, that enables running SQL queries on the data grid in notebooks. The queries are executed by the InsightEdge SQL Driver.
The JDBC interpreter connects to the data grid via a JDBC URL. To configure the URL value to point to the data grid in the Kubernetes environment, do the following:
- In the Apache Zeppelin web interface, navigate to the Interpreters section.
- Select the insightedge_jdbc interpreter, and click Edit.
- Edit the
default.urlparameter as follows:
- Save the changes you made to the interpreter.
When the JDBC interpreter is properly configured, Zeppelin paragraphs that are bound to the
%insightedge_jdbc interpreter can run SQL queries directly on the data grid.