What's New in GigaSpaces Version 15.5
This section describes product changes, along with new features and functionality for InsightEdge Platform and GigaSpaces release 15.5.
Cloud Native Orchestration
Kubernetes and ElasticGrid Improvements
This release provides the following improvement for Kubernetes- and ElasticGrid-based GigaSpaces applications:
- Vertical Scaling - InsightEdge enables scaling up (more CPU/RAM) in 1-click per service, with no downtime and auto recovery across either Kubernetes and ElasticGrid
- Horizontal Scaling (beta) - InsightEdge provides scaling out (more nodes) in 1-click on ElasticGrid. This feature is in beta mode and will be GA, including Kubernetes support, in the next release.
- Hybrid Cloud - InsightEdge now provides auto installation in an hybrid cloud deployment on-prem and cloud with ElasticGrid.
- Kubernetes Helm 3 - In addition to existing Helm 2 support, Helm 3 support has been added. In cases where the syntax differs between Helm 2 and Helm 3, examples are given in both formats, as shown here.
Services and Metadata
GigaSpaces includes new functionality to simplify the deployment of services, to allow access to a changed database schema without downtime, and to view real-time Space metadata and usage statistics.
- Deploy Service - Ops Manager enables you to easily deploy any service from either a URL or a file
- A/B Testing & Schema Evolution - InsightEdge now provides the ability to manage microservices deployment and versioning side-by-side in a production environment for A/B testing
On-Demand Object Analysis - Ops Manager shows the spaces and object metadata with visibility to the RAM footprint
Administration and Security
Improved visibility of system runtime data, expanded database connectivity, and enhanced troubleshooting and security options provide the GigaSpaces system administrator with the tools they need to keep the system running at optimal efficiency.
- Index Usage Efficiency - Ops Manager and Grafana show the index hits and RAM footprint
- Additional 1-Click Data Connectors - Expanded built-in data sources to include all the common RDBMS, both on-prem: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres and HSQL, and Cloud: Amazon RDS and Azure SQL.
- Hardened Security - Out-of-a-box authentication and authorization of Ops Manager and the REST API
- Troubleshooting - Ops Manager now provides a log viewer and shows an Explain Plan (beta) in the SQL editor
- Asynchronous Persistency Enhancement - Apache Kafka can now be used as a buffer between the mirror service and the actual synchronization endpoint. This provides a reliable data pipeline for database persistence via an enhanced mirror service with Apache Kafka.
Third-Party Integration Updates
Tableau 2020.02 and 2020.03 are now supported.
- Apache Zookeeper has been upgraded to 3.5.7.
Deprecated and End-Of-Life Features and Functionality
The following functionality is deprecated as of this release: