What's New in GigaSpaces Version 15.2
This section describes product changes, along with new features and functionality for GigaSpaces release 15.2.
GigaSpaces introduces the GigaOps Stack, a modern DataOps stack for CI/CD, orchestration, and monitoring of data analytics and predictive modeling. The GigaOps Stack includes the following components:
- Ops Manager - our web-based tool for monitoring and administering all aspects of your GigaSpaces-based application.
- KubeGrid or ElasticGrid - orchestration for on-premise, cloud-native, or hybrid environments.
- gsctl - a standalone CLI tool for creating, provisioning and installing GigaSpaces clusters in the cloud or on-premise.
- Monitoring - GigaSpaces' new monitoring stack based on InfluxDB and Grafana.
GigaSpaces' new orchestration option for open cloud, on-premise or hybrid systems that fully automates deployment, scaling, and management of virtualized and containerized applications. ElastiGrid handles all these tasks so you don't have to:
- Elastic orchestration
- Rolling upgrades
- Self repair
- Distributed tracing
Auto Data Source Connect
Potential users can easily import selected data from any RDBMS directly to a Space by setting up a data source connection via Ops Manager. Regular users also load and deploy a stateful service on an ongoing basis; GigaSpaces will continuously mirror any changes and auto-scan the metadata. Before loading the data, users can review and select the specific data for import, and applying indexing.
In addition to creating a Space and populating it with a custom set of data, users can download a project blueprint to set up a full GigaSpaces environment.
GigaSpaces Ops Manager
The Ops Manager has the following new functionality:
- Space View - users can see an overview of the Spaces in the clusters, and drill through to individual Spaces to see metadata, data distribution, index statistics, and more.
- Interactive queries - users can configure interactive SQL queries within Ops Manager to retrieve data from the Space.
Streaming Space Iterator
GigaSpaces' paging support provides drastically improved performance, with lower latency, a smaller memory footprint, and a lighter workload on the Space. Throughput is improved by up to 100% using the new streaming Space iterator implementation.
Paging Support with the Space Iterator API.For more information, see
GigaSpaces now provides a Property Storage Adapter API to apply encryption or compression for a property. The Property Storage Adapter contains the following general-purpose, built-in adapter options:
- Encryption adapters that encrypt/decrypt designated property values using the AES algorithm.
- Binary adapter for storing values in binary serialized format.
- ZIP adapter that applies compression/decompression using the Zip algorithm.
This release provides the following improvements for Kubernetes-based GigaSpaces applications:
- On-demand scaling - this new feature enables users to submit ad-hoc scaling requests so that the cluster scales gradually, with no downtime.
- Multi-region replication - users can set up WAN gateways in the Kubernetes to implement an active-active topology across two remote clusters. This enables replication between regions or cloud-based clusters.
- Node pool selection - users can deploy pods to specific node pools to better support different size workloads.
KubeGrid documentation.For more information, see the
Third-Party Integration Updates
The GigaSpaces-InsightEdge driver now appears automatically in the Tableau list of connectors.
The following third-party integrations have been updated for release 15.2:
- Starting with Tableau 2020.1, we support a packaged Tableau connector (.taco file), which is automatically loaded by Tableau to its list of connectors.
- GigaSpacesEnterprise Operator in Openshift OperatorHub
- Building a GigaSpaces Spring Data application
- Hibernate has been upgraded to 5.3.10
Deprecated and End-Of-Life Features and Functionality
The following functionality is deprecated as of this release: