Port Usage Control
GigaSpaces space and client components open different ports in various situations. The following list describes the different ports used by GigaSpaces and how these can be modified:
Refer to GigaSpaces Over a Firewall.
|Property name||Description||Default value|
|com.gs.transport_protocol.lrmi.bind-port||LRMI listening port
Used with client-space and space-space communication.
|variable , random|
RMI registry listening port
|10098 and above.|
|com.gigaspaces.system.registryRetries||RMI registry Retries
Used as an alternative directory service.
|Default is 20.|
|com.gigaspaces.start.httpPort||Webster listening port
Internal web service used as part of the application deployment process.
- When starting a space and providing the port as part of the URL - i.e.
java://localhost:PORT/container/space- the specified port will be used both for the RMI registry listener and also for the container to register into the RMI registry.
- The Jini Lookup Service uses unicast and multicast announcements and requests.
- The multicast discovery protocol uses ports 4174.
- You can completely disable multicast announcement traffic. Refer to the Lookup Service Configuration or GigaSpaces Over a Firewall sections for more details.
- When running a clustered space using replication via multicast, additional ports are used.