GigaSpaces provides several orchestration options so that you can deploy InsightEdge wherever it suits your needs; locally, on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
- Standalone - a simple cluster manager that makes it easy to set up a cluster.
- ElasticGrid - Supports public cloud, on-premise or hybrid environments and automates deploying, scaling, and managing virtualized and containerized applications.
- KubeGrid - the GigaSpaces implementation of the Kubernetes open-source system that automates deploying, scaling, and managing containerized applications.
- ServiceGrid - on-premise orchestration for deploying and managing virtualized applications.
This is a simple cluster manager that creates a cluster on your local machine. Use standalone mode to evaluate GigaSpaces products, or during development and testing.
GigaSpaces products can be deployed in Kubernetes using the KubeGrid orchestration option. Kubernetes can be used in any type of environment (on-premise, cloud, or hybrid) and is supported by every major cloud provider, including public cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP.
Benefits of using KubeGrid include:
- The ability to deploy GigaSpaces-based applications in whatever environment best suits the business needs of the enterprise.
- Kubernetes synergizes with GigaSpaces products, simplifying the operationalizing of machine learning and transactional processing at scale.
- GigaSpaces utilizes key features of Kubernetes, such as cloud-native orchestration automation with self-healing, cooperative multi-tenancy, and RBAC authorization.
- Auto-deployment of data services and deep learning and machine learning frameworks, such as Apache Spark jobs, stateful services (Processing Units), as well as the Apache Zeppelin web notebook.
The service grid is an on-premise system for deploying and managing virtualized applications. This orchestration method is responsible for materializing the configuration of the Processing Units, provisioning the instances to the runtime infrastructure, and making sure they continue to run properly over time. Core components of the Service Grid include the Grid Service Manager, Grid Service Agent, and the GigaSpaces Manager.
GigaSpaces products can be deployed on the Service Grid using Docker images that are available online through Docker Hub. Using Docker simplifies environment setup on-premise as well as moving to the cloud, because all the major cloud vendors support Docker. The following Docker images are available on Docker Hub (each Docker image provides instructions on how to use it):
- gigaspaces/insightedge - Contains the InsightEdge open source edition.
- gigaspaces/insightedge-enterprise - Contains the InsightEdge Enterprise edition (requires a license key).
- gigaspaces/xap - Contains the XAP open source edition.
- gigaspaces/xap-enterprise - Contains the XAP Enterprise edition (requires a license key).