GigaSpaces offers several administration tools that can be used to manage GigaSpaces-based or GigaSpaces-based applications that have been built on top of a licensed edition. Some tools are more useful during the initial investigation and development stages when exploring the capabilities of GigaSpaces and GigaSpaces, while other tools are effective for configuring and administering advanced development and production environments.
- The Command Line Interface has several commands that can be used in an open-source environment. It also has administration commands for licensed editions that are based on the REST Manager API, along with means for automation using non-interactive mode.
- The REST Manager API supports administration of both the GigaSpaces service grid and IngightEdge via Apache Spark, and can also be extended to support custom options.
- The Web Management Console provides a light, web-based user interface for administration of Space and Processing Unit components in the service grid.
- The GigaSpaces Management Center provides a visual user interface for managing users and roles in the system, along with comprehensive administration capabilities.
- The Administration API supports top-level management and monitoring of all GigaSpaces components.
You can opt to perform administration and maintenance via any of the above tools, based on the needs of your environment and the actions supported per tool.